(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, February 3, 2014

Hey, look on the bright side!

Sometimes...everything that CAN go wrong, WILL go wrong. But I love every minute of it. One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite people says, "You can either laugh or cry, and crying gives me a headache." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley

This week was hilarious! It started off with that gas leak in our heater, then we had a toddler pee on the carpet (5 inches away from me) in the middle of a lesson, we got snowed in twice and...I clogged the kitchen sink. How you might ask? Well let's just say that as I was shoving the pasta down the disposal, I heard my father's voice very distinctly saying, "Never put pasta down the drain, It clogs it!"...10 minutes later we are at the office making a maintenance request. 

There's nothing in the world that I love more than my mission. The best part about it is that it started 9 months ago, and it is never going to end. It's just begun! Isn't that amazing?! It makes that 1/2 way mark not quite as terrifying...I think...

We had an investigator come to church this week! Kelsey is amazing! She's progressing, she has a desire to learn and grow, and she is such an amazing example! I feel so blessed to serving with so many of God's choice spirits.

Here's my new favorite quote (for now)! :
"If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." -Roald Dahl

We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we should be beaming so bright that our faces light up! Literally! We should be the happiest people on earth! And even when we're not, we know who to turn to- our Savior. I pray that the knowledge of His Atonement lights up your soul. Search the scriptures. Pray always. And always remember, it's better to look up. I have a lot I need to improve on, but I have all the tools I need to succeed, on my mission and for eternity. I need to keep the Holy Ghost in my life. I need to keep an eternal perspective, and I need to learn something from everyone that I meet. I am so grateful to be here, and I pray that I never take one day for granted. 

Love, 
Sister Kadee Elise Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment