(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, September 29, 2014

I'm dying in Dover!

Miracles abounding! 

So we found a Haitian family a few weeks ago. The wife, Marlene, speaks creole and French..."luckily" our Ward Mission Leader speaks French! They moved from Haiti three months ago. She goes to a Haitian church but wants to know what we believe! Bro. Siebach (WML) taught the lesson, of course. He taught about Joseph Smith, The Apostasy, the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was so strong! And we're coming back this week! 




We also found a couple named Cory and Stephanie. They are super great and really open! We met Cory on the steps outside the apartment complex and he said we could come back that day! *never happens* So we had to go on splits and I went and took a ward member, Heather, with me. It went really well! They are doctrinally pretty spot on. But...Cory has a strong belief that he's been baptized by water and by the Holy Ghost, "...And that was the best gift God ever gave him!"...so we're praying to not have any road blocks there...

Brothers and Sisters, do realize that we live in a time where Apostles and Prophets post on FACEBOOK?! That is a miracle in and of itself! Their apostolic messages beam right to our pockets in SECONDS! PEOPLE, ARE YOU UNDERSTANDING THE MAGNITUDE OF THIS?! You have new scripture every time they post something. They're not quoting anyone, or letting you know what's going on in their lives...They're guided by inspiration as to what they should share...and then it beams out to the world! I'm obviously really floored by this, and you should be too. This week Elder D. Todd Christofferson posted, 

"I pray that you will make the theme of the Savior’s life—“I do always those things that please [the Father]”—the theme of your life. If you do, you will save your life. 

Be content in all your striving and achieving to put His will first. Lose your self-will in His perfect will. Learn to want what He wants. Confess and acknowledge Him in every aspect of your life. Do not be ashamed of Christ or His gospel, and be willing to lay down cherished things, cherished relationships, and even life itself for Him. 

But while you live, let your life be an offering. Take up His cross each day in purity, obedience, and service. These are the implications and the fruits of our faith."

Those words really touched my heart. I started crying when I read them, mostly because I read them over Facebook! What a miracle. That's what we're here to do. Learn how to give up our will. And as President Uchtdorf pointed out this weekend at the Women's Broadcast, our Heavenly Father knows more than we do...So I'm trying, day by day, to give up my will and realize His. Trying to want what He wants. Something tells me this will be a lifelong endeavor, but I'm willing to work for it. 

I'm not even done with the miracles! 

So bare with me...I need to back up a bit for this one. Back in June...we were planning a Ward Cultural Night. We went to Staples to print off some fliers. The chick at the counter looked at us and said, "Hey, I'm Mormon! My name is Ashley." We were stunned of course. We tried to get her number but it didn't work. Then in July we were  back for Victoria's baptismal programs! We got her facebook but couldn't find her because she was super blocked (dang stalkers). Then again, we were there in August for Qiu Liang's baptismal programs! This time we got a number and that evening we saw her while we were at Olive Garden with Victoria! That number didn't work....I promise she didn't do it on purpose! Finally, at the end of August the Smyrna Elders ran into her and they got her number for us! Success. We texted her and she asked for a Book of Mormon. We were supposed to meet up with her but she bailed on us. Then, like a veil, my mind was erased of her. It wasn't like I kept thinking of her and then brushing it off, she literally never entered my mind. Then, a week and a half ago...BOOM! It hit me like a ton of bricks! 

So, we text her and she INVITES US OVER FOR DINNER THIS WEEK! Oh yeah! We were stoked! But as usual, I was having little faith. She was just "too excited"....I was wrong. Again. We show up, and she lets us in! We talked all through dinner just getting to know her, and I was a little worried because it was all a bunch of nothingness. I mean, it was great but nothing gospel related. So finally we ask if we can share a message before we go. We had prepared to talk about Moroni 10:32 and our purpose in helping others to come unto Christ. We then watched the Come Unto Christ video. Halfway through I just started praying that she would feel His love. I look up, and she crying. The video gets over,and she's still crying. We wait for a moment and just let  her ponder. Then she says, "Ever since I was young I could see spirits, and I know this sounds crazy, but when you walked in I could see angels. Please just know He sends them to watch over you, because I can see them." And then that's all she said about the matter! My heart was so touched. She then went on to tell us everything. How she knows she needs to change her path and that God kept telling her to invite us over. It was like a total 180. She came to church yesterday and is coming to volleyball tonight. WHAT A MIRACLE! Ashley is so amazing. She recognizes what she needs to change and she's willing to do it. I'm so happy!!!! 

We also had a lesson with a lady named Hermana Lupita. She is the mother of a recently baptized family. She has a baptismal date for Nov 9, so keep her in your prayers! 

And we had a lesson with our friend Kenny this week! He's super awesome. He like Ashley, knows what he needs to do to get where he wants to go. It's amazing to work with people who you help to get going in the right direction, and they just completely take off running in the right direction. The Spirit is really strong when you teach a willing heart. 

Victoria's husband Hal came home this week! I FINALLY MET HAL! Man, after 7 months it was quite a relief! Super happy he's home with his family. Which reminds me, Zaria's baptism is on October 19th! (: super exciting! 

This week in church the Primary, Young Women's and Relief Society presidencies ALL got remodeled! It was crazy and awesome at the same time! We are so excited to work with all these new auxiliary leaders! 

Well folks, that's about all I've got for you this week. Please keep the love and prayers coming. I'm so grateful for your love and support. He truly is hastening His work, and I'm so grateful to be a part of it! 

LO

VE,  Hermana Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment