(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, June 17, 2013

I know that my Redeemer lives!

My dearest friends and family!

I cannot believe that another week has come and gone! I'll be honest, the days drag on but the weeks just FLY by! I sure hope that the blazing heat of the summer is treating you all wonderfully! Haha we've been pretty lucky with some cooler weather and the accompanied rain!  But...this week looks like it'll be heating up. Bring on the humidity :D

Well for starters...We went to the Crayola Factory last Monday!!! It was AMAZING! I'm sure that you can picture it...4 missionaries and 1,000 two year olds and their parents. It was awesome haha. 


I also got to go an an exchange this week with Sister Hall (from my MTC district)!!! I got to go down to Whitehall for a day. Oh man is it different than Stroudsburg... There were suburbs, and blocks, and people! Let's just say that stroudsburg is a little more...spread out?  You could take a wrong turn down a long windy street and end up on the opposite side of the county. It's fantastic. I LOVE OUR GPS!

Also, we are moving this week! Just about 10 minutes away to Tannersville. I'll keep you posted on my new address, so even though I hate to say it.....Don't mail me anything after about Wednesday this week :( Wait until I get my new address.

I learned so much about the Atonement this week, both in my studies for investigators and in my own needing to rely on it. I was having a little home-sick spell this last week, and the last thing I wanted was for it to distract me. I really had to pray to my Father in Heaven and plead with Him to let the Atonement take away some of my grief. The Atonement is real. When we turn our lives over to The Lord, He can take our pains away. When we focus on others and plead for His help, He will be there. His loving hand is outstretched, just waiting for us to ask Him for help. He will always be there. It is so important that we each learn for ourselves how real the Atonement is, and how it can take our pains away if we allow it to.



I also want to take a moment to send out my love and condolences to the Nauahai family. I'm sure I'm not the first, and won't be the last to have shed tears over the sad news of Phil's passing. However, some of my tears come from the joy and tenderness that I feel towards the Plan of Salvation. My testimony and knowledge of it grow every single day. What a blessing it is to know that we can see our loved ones after this life! What a blessing it is to know that our family relationships can and will extend beyond the grave if we make and keep the sacred covenants that we are so privileged to have and partake of as members of this Church. I know that the only way to return to live with our families again is through living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  What joy we should gleam from that sentence! We know the only true way to return to live with our families again! What a blessing it is to know that our Savior can buoy us up in these times of trial, if we will but ask for His help in all things.

I love my family very much. My love for them grows every  day.

I love you all and I'll talk to you next week! :D

Sister Kadee Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment