(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, July 15, 2013

You would not believe your eyes…


I saw FIREFLIES for the first time in my entire life! I have never, nor will I ever be so excited about a bug! They make my life complete, and I get to see them every single night. I. LOVE. THEM.

 
Speaking of bugs... there are SO many here that I've never seen or heard of in my entire life! And I'm pretty sure that they all FLY! Ew. Just ask Sister Earl about how much I hate bugs. She loves it. This has been one crazy week! We had interviews with President Anderson, he's amazing. We had Zone Training in Nazareth, it was awesome. I LOVE the Elders and Sisters that I serve with! They're amazing and I am so blessed to serve with them.




THEN, we did an exchange with the Whitehall Sisters and Sister Hall came with me and I took over Stroudsburg! It was crazy. Then we did an exchange with the Reading Sisters and I was in charge again!



We also had a service project, this week was amazing! I've learned something very important...you can't rely on the GPS to get you anywhere out here. So just follow the Spirit. THEN....our power went out on Friday! And will be out until tomorrow haha. The wonderful Laura Skagen in our ward is letting us stay with her, and we are so grateful! She's made us Vernor's floats and blueberry pancakes, this is the life.



 
This week was amazing though. Mary came to church again, and the Spirit was so strong. It's so interesting to put yourself in the shoes of an investigator while you're at church. After Sacrament meeting we took her on a church tour and showed her the baptismal font. The Spirit was so strong and when we were explaining everything to her we all just felt so happy. Watching someone find what they've been looking for and seeing the light in their eyes when they learn about the Gospel is an amazing gift that our Heavenly Father has allowed us to have.

 
Alma 12:24 "...this life [is] a probationary state...a time to prepare for [an] endless state..." Brothers and sisters, do you realize the magnitude of that? We have this short time here on Earth, to prepare ourselves for the rest of eternity! This tiny moment we have to determine what our life will be like for the rest of FOREVER. It is so important that we have patience with others and with ourselves, that we develop Christ-like attributes and always contribute to the hastening of the work in these latter days. I know that we will be blessed in our righteous efforts and that when we rely on the strength of the Lord (Philippians 4:13) then we will be helped in our journey back home (Mosiah 24:14).

 
I love you all dearly and pray for you always. Thank you for your support, it means the world to me. I know that we each have a part to play in the hastening of the work of the Lord.

 
Love Always,

Sister Kadee Taylor

P.S.- They don't have Otter Pops here...it's weird. They have "Ice Pops" and if you say Otter Pops, people look at you like you're nuts. Also, I'll be getting "Gelato wasted" for my 21st birthday (:

No comments:

Post a Comment