(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

13 Going on 30?

Hellooooooo!

Okay, first of all...since when was I old enough to be 21?! I swear that just yesterday those birthday candles said 17! Weird.





I've learned something, life is better when it's not about you. When you focus on meeting the needs of others, your needs are met. I'm almost positive that it is a law of heaven.

I've also learned that I miss dancing, and I didn't even know that I liked dancing! We were given permission to go to a wedding this week, and boy were we missing out on all the dance floor action! I never thought I'd miss the Cha-cha slide...or whatever it's called haha.

This week we have the incredible opportunity to have a "mini-missionary" with us! Some of the stakes around here set up a program where YSA members who are considering going on missions can come on a mini-mission and stay with the missionaries for  a week! It is quite a compliment to our companionship that we got suggested! So, yesterday we met up with Sister Earnshaw from a neighboring stake, and she will be with us in a trio until Saturday!

You should all read the conference talk Mountains to Climb by Henry B. Eyring:
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/mountains-to-climb?lang=eng

or at LEAST watch the correlated Mormon Message!

I know that we are each asked to bear different burdens in this life for a reason. In our lives there will be challenges. They will either bring you closer to God and therefore make you stronger, or they can destroy you. But you make the decision of which road you take. Alma 29: 4-6 touches on this. I know that we each "ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto us." I think that some of us get caught up in wishing that we were called so some great thing in life, when really all we need to do is exactly what we have been called to do. The trials, heartaches and struggles that you have are the tasks that you have been called to perform in this life, so do them well! The Lord will ask nothing more, nor nothing less of you. Your best is good enough, are you doing your best?

I know that as we each struggle about our imperfections, the Lord will give us suggestions on where to improve. Seek for His guidance and counsel.

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Kadee Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment