(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, October 21, 2013

A week of Miracles in Stroudsburg

Hola friends and family! 

We are going to take this day by day, so bare with me! 

Monday: We stopped by a very old referral from Church Headquarters with sister Stacey Beebe in our ward. My experience with media referrals has never been very fruitful. You could say that the theme of this week to Kadee was, "Oh ye of little faith". We went to this referral's home, his name is Rick, and he welcomed us with open arms! He told us that he did indeed want to  learn more and that we could come by this week for a lesson. I'm convinced that we see miracles when we work with members. MIRACLE!

Tuesday: The Elders had been teaching a girl named Sara, but she wasn't progressing very well, and then we found out she was in our area, so this week we began teaching We helped Sara to recognize answers to her prayers and accept her baptismal date for this coming Sunday the 27th. I have never felt peace be tangible thing, but our Heavenly Father's Spirit was so present in that lesson it was unbelievable. I have never felt anything like it in my life. MIRACLE!

Wednesday: We committed an eternal investigator to finally act on our message when he accepted the invitation to live the Word of Wisdom! He has seen miracles in his life already, and it has only been just a few days since he made that commitment. MIRACLE! 

Thursday: I am slightly anti-tracting. Okay, I'm just plain anti-tracting.  It is our last resort, as we have been told many times how ineffective it is. Well,  on Thursday I guess you could say that we reached desperation. We had been given a referral by a member but did not get an exact address, just a street name. So...we started knocking doors at about 7:45 at night. I kid you not we knocked on 5 doors and every single person welcomed us into their home as if we were old friends! Every person that opened their door to us instantly recognized us as representatives of Jesus Christ without us even saying a word. I was so humbled. We got SEVEN new investigators that night. MIRACLE! 

Friday: We had several stop-by's planned in the upper part of our area. We wanted to make sure that some less-actives we have been working with were invited to the ward trunk-or-treat this weekend! We had about seven or eight names down and in two hours we saw every single one of the families that we intended to! AND found out that one of the families was a part member family! MIRACLE! 

Saturday: I've never been to Sunday night adult session of Stake Conference before, so this was my first time going. It was in Scranton and we got a ride from some gracious members. I don't think I've felt the Spirit that strong in a meeting since I've been on my mission! I could have sworn that everybody was staring at me because I surely must have been beaming with light because I felt the Spirit SO strongly! For the closing hymn the congregation stood and sang The Spirit of God and I thought I was floating! I swear it was a slices of the Celestial kingdom right there in the Scranton Stake Center. MIRACLE! 

Sunday:  We ended the week with a bang. Last night we went to dinner at an investigator's home with the Beebes who are fellowshipping them! We met Miguel and Maritza in May/June and have had a hard time getting into their home because Maritza had a little baby girl in July. We took Sister Beebe to stop by their house a few weeks ago and it turns out that she was the room mother for Maritza's daughter! Maritza and sister Beebe are friends now!  We had an amazing lesson and they are so excited to learn more about the Gospel, I feel so blessed to know them. They have such a desire to learn, it's amazing. People that actually want to be taught by the Mormon missionaries, amazing! MIRACLE! 

I don't even know what more to say. Thank you so much for your prayers, they are being felt. I love you all more than you know. Thank you for your love and support. I could not do this without you! 

Love, 
Sista Kadee Taylor


P.S.- Another miracle is that a ladybug somehow made her way into our apartment and survived for over a week. We named her Rajah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment