(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, November 11, 2013

Delaware, people actually live here

I love you so! 

I want you to know that Delaware is hard, but my success as a missionary depends on my commitment. I am learning to internalize that more and more every day. I love the Lord and that's why I'm here. I need to rely on Him every step of the way. "Consecration is the only surrender which is also a victory."-Neil A. Maxwell. I'm convinced that somehow it would be easier to give up all my possessions, everything that I own, and move across the country for my faith. But instead I'm asked to give all my heart, might, mind and strength- all that I am, and all that I can be. That's much harder for me, and that's why we're asked to do it. It's not something tangible that we can hand over as a sacrifice. It's something we must do and be every single day. It's immeasurable, and that's hard for me. But, because our Heavenly Father loves us so much, we have the opportunity to practice until perfect, and repeat until refined. He gives us every day to start over, and for that I am grateful. 

P.S.- I just found out that I live 20 minutes away from Joe Biden. Awesome...




No comments:

Post a Comment