(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mexican Food

First of all, I love you.
Second of all, there's something you need to understand. The closest thing to Mexican food I've had since I landed in Philly is Moe's, and It's worse than CostaVida....ew. So you'll be happy to know that in Delaware, there are a multitude of "hole in the wall" taco shops and one lone "taco bus". This pleases me. I was overjoyed to eat mexican food this week for the first time in months, and realized how much I love southwestern food. It was like coming home. Not only were my tortilla chips shapped like Delaware, they tasted like actual tortilla chips. Obviously this has been a hightlight for me because I have now taken up my entire first paragraph just talking about mexican food. Moving on...to chocolate cake. It was Sister Ririe's birthday on Saturday, and I never thought i'd say this, but I don't think I'll be wanting chocolate cake for a while. We literally had two GIANT chocolate cakes from two different members. They're amazing. And now I've sworn off chocolate ;) okay, let's be real, no I haven't.





Delaware is kickin' my butt, that's for sure. I have no idea how to find people here, it's awesome. It's going to be an interesting week! Keep up the prayers please!! Also, it's freezing here now. The other day it was 30 degrees! But then yesterday it was 70...so I don't really understand.
Let me tell you about Pedro (No, this story does not have anything to do with Mexican food).  You'd better laugh because this is the most awkward thing that's happened to me since I've been here, almost. So, the other day we just went on a "former investigator" spree and started hunting all of them down. We came to a man named Pedro whose teaching record didn't quite make sense. But we plugged his address into the GPS and off we went! 

We pulled up to the house and  a black, low riding sports car with flashy rims and a fin on the back was in the driveway. Obviously Pedro lived here. I was a bit apprehensive and I wasn't sure why, but we walked up to the door and knocked. The next thing I knew, a 6'3", 260 pound white man opened the door and exclaimed, "SISTERS! Come in!"...I had never seen this man in my life or ever met such an enthusiastic former investigator...we were dazed and confused to say the least. The next thing I did was introduce myself, hoping he would do the same. Apparently this was the Kline home. I had no idea how or by what means we had gotten there. But I learned a valuable lesson- God's hand is in all that we do. He will direct us in all our paths. We had a wonderful visit with a less-active family and grew to love them so much. And just so you're not still confused, Pedro was a former investigator that was taught in the Kline's home. The Elders that taught him failed to put this on the teaching record. :D
I love you all! Please do not waste a single moment of this life. It is given to us to learn from and to perfect ourselves. 2 Nephi 9:27 tells us that we should not waste ONE day of our probation! NOW is the time to prepare to meet God. We need to do all within our power to be prepared. Go to church, read the word of God daily, attend the temple as often as possible! Magnify your calling. Do you visiting and home teaching.These are all wonderful gifts from a loving Heavenly Father to prepare us to meet Him. Become a little more like Christ every day. He is our perfect example Be grateful for all that you have! You are so extremely blessed brothers and sisters. Take advantage of every day that God gives you. Know that you could never be so far off the path that the all encompassing Atonement of Jesus the Christ cannot reach you. It is infinite. It is for  you. Use it.
Love,
Sister Kadee Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment