(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, February 24, 2014

Come what may and love it.

So much love that I don't even know where to begin!
Yesterday after church we taught Kelsey for the last time before her baptism next Sunday. It was so bittersweet, I have grown to love her so much! In fact, this week as we were driving down the street, I thought to myself, "Man, I sure love teaching Kelsey! I always feel like we're going to have a lesson with our friend!" ...and then I realized that I should feel that way about everyone that we teach, so it was a good lesson to learn. This week she asked us if she was our first "transformee" haha sure Kelsey.

 She offered the prayer at the end of our lesson yesterday, and she had us in tears. There is no greater tender mercy than being able to see, even in the smallest way, the difference you have made when you've chosen to be the hands of the Lord. It's so amazing to see the light that the Gospel brings to the lives of our Heavenly Father's children. It's amazing to see people that are so willing to keep the commandments, becuase the Spirit teaches them that these things are true. I am so humbled that I get to be even such a small part of brining that light and the love of our Savior into the lives of our brothers and sisters. He is the light can light up our lives, if we let Him. Being in the service of the Lord is the happiest thing I've ever done. I promise when you turn towrad others you will forget yourself, and there is no greater blessing than losing yourself in the work of the Lord. Always be on the Lord's errand. Learn what it means to lose yourself in the service of others.

There's a care center up the street from us, and we have grown to love so many people there. It's the first place we went when we got to Delaware because, we had nowhere else to go! There were a few members staying there and a few peole suggested that we go see them. Oh what a blessing it has been. We have met the most wonderful spirits. I sent pictures of two special ones, Cecelia and Dorothy.  We go every Saturday and play bingo with them, obviously it's a riot. Miss Dorothy can't move the pieces so we play together. She is so amazing! I swear we've known each other forever. I hope one day when she has a resurrected, perfect body that we'll be chattin' it up like we did in the good ol' days. I love her so much! The light of Christ is in every one of us. Never forget that.


On a side note, I have never contracted so many illnesses in my LIFE as I have on my mission. I swear, I'll develop some symptom, get over it a week later, then two days after that I've got some awesome new ache or pain. This week: sinus cold and losing my voice. I can't breathe or talk, it's awesome. ;)
I encourage all of you to watch "The Daily Bread" mini-series (if you will) on mormon.org. It's by Elder D. Todd Chirstofferson. and it's amazing. It has totally changed the way I look at my day to day trials. I am so grateful for the law of the fast. Fasting weakens our physical bodies and brings us spiritually closer to our Father in Heaven. It reminds us to recognize where our daily bread really comes from. He is the source of all that we have. Please, always remember that.
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! Man, I've become that missionary that never wants to go home. Besides, who would want to face reality when you could just preach the Gospel forever?
I've never been so happy in my life. Understandably of course, what else would make you happier than helping others come unto Christ?! Not a thing in the world. Which is exactly why I indend to be a missionary for the rest of my life! I'll never stop fulfilling my purpose! I know that living the gospel is the best and  happiest way to live.
God knows us all. His tender mercies are not random, they are purposeful demonstrations of His love for us in our day to day lives. Take note of them, and keep them close to your heart.
All my love,
Sister Kadee Elise Taylor
Daily Bread Links:


Megan and Brett Sullivan Family





No comments:

Post a Comment