(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, March 10, 2014

Dover Days!

I love Dover!

I'm in Dover, serving as a Sister Trainer Leader with Sister Carla Argueta! And yes, this was the first Rita's of the season! Hey, it was 60 degrees outside, we had to!



I'm so excited to be serving here, we've seen so many miracles already and the branch is incredible. Yep! I'm serving in a branch for the first time and I am so excited! The people already feel like family. My new companion is Sister Carla Argueta from Guatemala/ California (: I'm hoping her Spanish will rub off on me... I love her and I am so grateful to have her as a companion. We've been asked to serve as Sister Trainer Leaders, and I am so excited to get to know the sisters in this mission even better! 

I feel so blessed to be here at this time. I love this mission, I love being a missionary and I love my Savior. I am humbled when I contemplate my calling to represent Him in a very literal way. I can see the increased capacity to serve that He has given me. I know that He will always sustain me in whatever it is that He asks me to do. I am grateful for this knowledge. 

Everyone needs to read: Reflections on a Consecrated Life by D. Todd Christofferson:

I've learned that I'm the only person that expects me to be perfect. Not even my Father in Heaven does. He wants me to constantly improve, and strive every day to be more like my Savior. As long as I keep the spirit with me and act on the promptings I receive...I will grow closer to Him and become more like Him. When we stop contemplating our weaknesses and focus more on becoming like our Savior, I promise you that your weaknesses will naturally go away. You'll be so focused on your Savior and being more like Him that there won't be any room for darkness in you at all. Remember, darkness and light cannot coexist. 

So Dover...I"m pretty sure 85% of the buildings here are haunted...and I love it. We're definitely going to go on a tour of the Capital building ASAP! Also, we're going to hit up Amish country. I've heard their food is amazing, and I'll definitely be wanting some souvenirs. 

I want you all to know that I love my Savior. He is my best friend! I could do nothing without Him. I know that this Gospel is the way back to our Heavenly Father. I know that living this Gospel is the only way to have lasting peace and happiness in this life and in the next life. I know that every commandment from God is calculated to bless us. I know that God's timing should always be good enough for me, because He loves me. 

Love, 
Sister Kadee Elise Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment