(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, June 23, 2014

I'm on top of the world, yeah!

This was a jam packed week of awesomeness! 

We made some Chinese friends/investigators. (I just really want Chinese friends).  They are exchange students and will be here until August. We invited them over for dinner at a member's house who lives down the hall from them. They brought some chinese food...it looked wierd, but of course I muscled it down. Upon further inspection we came to the knowledge that it was black tree fungus. yay! But they did bring some shredded potato stir fry and that was good (: We showed them one of the only Mormon messages translated into Chinese and it was about our divinity as daughters of God. These girls did not even know the meaning of the word "religion". They are so receptive and after their 10 day vacation to Disney World we are going to have another lesson with them! Please pray for Ashley and Fiona. More commonly known as, Yang Qui Liang and Feng Jing Ting... (: 

Us four Dover sisters put on a "Dover Community Cultural Night"! Yes, we single handedly organized, planned and carried out the entire thing. WITH help from Victoria of course, she helped us make ALL the decorations and centerpieces! :D She's incredible. The event was a wild success and there were 16 non-members there! :D HOORAY! 




Okay, here's three facts that need to be reviewed before I tell you this story. 


  1. I can't sing. I just don't. You know this. 
  2. For months we've been hearing about a music festival that would be here in Dover this past weekend. It's a hipster music festival called Firefly that's basically trying to re-create Woodstock. 
  3. Two weeks ago our bishop asked us (both companionships of sisters in the ward) to sing a "prelude song" before sacrament meeting started. Kinda awkward, but sure! (: We decided to sing Brightly Beams or Father's Mercy to the tune of Come Thou Fount. 

Drum roll please...
Next thing I know, I find myself singing acapella on the stand in Sacrament meeting realizing that Dan Reynolds from Imagine Dragons is on the back pew with his family...The champ took a picture with us but asked us not to use it for social media purposes because it causes the church negative attention :( Yes, the sister missionaries were the only ones to snag a picture with him and yes, I still manage to meet famous people on my mission. 

I had an amazing study about the "mist of darkness" spoken of 2 Nephi 8! I received a blessing last week and was counseled to study 1 Cor.10:13. It talks about overcoming the temptations sent our way. As I studied all the cross-references I ran into this, "And the mists of darkness are the temptations of the devil, which blindeth the eyes, and hardeneth the hearts of the children of men, and leadeth them away into broad roads, that they perish and are lost." - 1 Nephi 12:17. We are infinitely more than our trials and afflictions, but we have to beware of the mists od darkness that the adversary throws our way! They are all around us, and the adversary is getting trickier and trickier! He's making good seem bad and bad seem good. Whenever the scriptures talk about temptation it is coupled with prayer. We must always be pleading for Heavenly help if we are to get by. Any good that comes from us comes because of Him. We mus always be relying on Him. And not only that, we must thank Him for every seemingly small miracle we receive at His hand. I love the Lord! I am not the source of the Light, but I can reflect it! 

I love my mission more than you'll ever know. Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. You inspire me to work hard! I love you more than I can put into words. 

Love, 
Sister Kadee Taylor 

"My mission belongs to the Lord. With all my heart, I give my energy and my time to the Master. Therefore I'm going to look at every day not as mine, but as His. And I will treat each minute of His time with respect and focus on the dedication that it deserves." Elder Russell M. Ballard.

No comments:

Post a Comment