(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, August 26, 2013

I LOVE being a Missionary!

Hello!

Can you believe another week has come and gone? I do more in one day as a missionary than I did in one week as a normal human being!  There's so much to do when you're on the Lord's errand! Being a 
missionary is so amazing. You see with spiritual eyes, and the world looks so different. I hope I never take it for granted. Every day is an opportunity to help someone come closer to their Savior.

During the short time that I've been here, I've learned something very valuable. Not only through my own experience, but through witnessing the trials and hardships of others. 2 Corinthians 4:17 says, "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

Do you know what that means?! It means that if we knew what we will gain if we are faithful in this life, our afflictions would seem trivial! If we allow our trials to bring us closer to our Savior, and not drag us further away from Him, we will be happy despite our oppositions! Happiness is a choice, and it's OUR choice! If we endure this life and endure it WELL, the weight of our glory after this life will far outweigh our trials in this temporary state. I know this to be true. I know that if we choose to be happy and rely on our Heavenly Father and the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we WILL be infectiously happy.

I love my family so much and I am more and more grateful for them everyday. I have blessed beyond that which I deserve, and I am surrounded by angels (my friends and family) constantly. It is a blessing that I thank my Heavenly Father for every day. It is a blessing that I will never be able to communicate my gratitude for.

I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know that because He lives, I will live again too. I know that He loves each and every one of us more than we can even comprehend. I know that God lives, and He is as real as you and I. Our bodies are such blessings, such gifts from God. God loves us so much that He gave us everything we could possibly need to return to live with Him again, but if we do not use the tools He has given us, that goal is unattainable. Spiritually minded is life eternal!






Love,
Sista Kadee Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment