(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, September 9, 2013

Oh, the places you go!

Things have been going crazy here in Stroudsburg! I love it so much! I cannot believe that I have been here for FOUR months, where has the time gone?! 

We have so many investigators right now that we don't even know what to do with ourselves! It's quite the problem to have, that's for sure. We recently got a referral from someone who lives in Maryland this last week. He has a friend named Chris that just moved to our area with his wife and 6.5 kids. They moved from England a little less than a year ago. His family is amazing and we can't wait to begin teaching them about the Restored Gospel. 

We are so well taken care of here, I am truly blessed. We have an investigator named MariBeth, and we have become very close with her and her son JonPaul. I love them SO much, you have no idea. MariBeth is always taking care of us and making sure that we have food, clothes and people to talk to. It is a tender mercy when you realize you've met someone who's path you were meant to cross. There are many people like that in my mission. The Bogart family for example. Brother Bogart is our Ward Mission Leader, and last night at dinner Sister Bogart said, "Listen girls, I am your mom, he is your dad. If you want something- go and get it, I'm not going to get up and get it for you, this is your house." Haha it was the BEST! I love them so much. We were able to teach an investigator at their house and then watch the CES fireside with them last night. I know my Heavenly Father loves me because of all of the amazing people He surrounds me with here on this earth. Not only has he done this on my mission, but for all of my life. It is a blessing I will never take for granted. 

I have considered a question that I think we all should ponder. What are we willing to leave behind in order to serve the Lord? In 1 Nephi 2:4 Lehi was willing to leave behind all that his family had in order to do what the Lord has specifically asked him, Lehi, to do.

What will we leave behind in order to do what the Lord has asked of each of us individually in this life? We need to put Him first in all that we do, and then all of our needs will be met. We need to ask ourselves if we are really doing all that is asked of us, with full purpose of heart, nothing wavering. 

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for this time I have to serve the Lord. He really is so mindful of each and every one of us. Pray to have the faith to trust in Him enough to leave everything behind. Serve Him with full purpose of heart. The early saints were asked to die for the gospel, we are asked to live for it. I pray that our Heavenly Father pours out His choicest blessings upon you. 

Love, 

Sista Kadee Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment