(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, March 24, 2014

Thy will be done

I've learned so much this week! It will be hard to put it into words and form sentences that make sense- bear with me. 

I've learned that trivial things drive out people and moments that matter most. Don't let satan distract you. Trust me, he does a good job. He will try to tear down the elect slowly. He'll creep in and tell you that unimportant things (TV, work, phone, games, internet, school) are actually more important or just as important as your family, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Don't listen to him, not even for a second.

Let Jesus be the light by which you see the way. He has set a perfect example for us. Jesus never did a single thing that we can't do. He has commanded us to be like Him, and he was not taunting us when He did so. Develop Christ-like attributes. You'll never be perfect over night, but you'll never be perfect if you don't work on it everyday either. Live up to your potential every single day. That day becomes a week, becomes a month, becomes a year, becomes your lifetime! Live up to your full potential every single day. "I'd rather be in hell going toward Heaven that in Heaven going toward hell."- Brigham Young

You're either progressing or digressing...there's no standing still. If you're not getting closer to the Lord, you're getting further away from Him. Be actively engaged in strengthening your relationship with the Lord. 

You're either with Him or against Him. You either keep the commandments or you do not. Don't be lukewarm. There will be no fence sitting in the Kingdom of God. Get off the fence. Revelation3:16,19. The Gospel needs to be an active part of your life. Know it, live it, love it. 

God cannot work on what He does not have and He cannot have you unless you give yourself to Him. He can't give you everything He has unless first you give Him everything you are. Give your time, give your will. Put all your wants and desires, even the good ones, on the shelf. Then let Him orchestrate your life the way He has planned. His way isn't always easier, but it's always better. And remember, just doing the right thing isn't good enough, you have to want to do the right thing too. 

This week was incredible! I am continually amazed at how much love my heart can contain! I've never loved anyone or anything so much in my life as I do the people on my mission! I didn't understand how to love before my mission. And it's all only a fraction of what our Heavenly Father feels, and He lets us experience it. What a loving Father. What a perfect plan.



We had an appointment with the Spanish speaking family this week. SHE MADE US TAMALES! Apparently it's a really big deal. Sister Argueta says that their family only makes them on Christmas and sometimes for weddings! She woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning to make them! (I'm just trying to get my point across because my mom buys tamales from a Spanish man that comes around the neighborhood every Spring...this is WAY more sentimental than that!)





I love this Gospel more than life. I know that God loves us and wants us to return to live with Him. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God because when I read it, I feel my Savior's love. I know that no one can know of spiritual truths without prayer. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I am so grateful for continuing revelation. It has blessed my life immensely. 

Love, 
Sister Kadee Elise Taylor 

Please Read: Jesus, The Perfect Leader


No comments:

Post a Comment