(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, April 21, 2014

Heart, might, mind & strength

All I know is that I LOVE living with Sister Zeller and Sister Jolley! 

This week my Mission President asked what my opinion was on some statistics in our mission. His question was thought provoking for me and my response helped me to learn a lot. It is as follows: 

"I think when teaching we act like the things we say are more like good suggestions rather than the only way back to our Heavenly Home. Like Elder Holland teaches, if they don't know the importance of our message then at least we do, and we need to act like it! The Gospel is for everyone, weather or not they are prepared. We need to start being more lovingly persistent I guess. This is not a day-by-day work, it's people's salvation. We can't just teach another restoration lesson, we need to put our heart and soul into everything that we teach. It's hard, and it takes a lot of effort/energy- but this is the time that God has given us to serve Him with all of our heart, might, mind and strength. We need to let these people know how much we really care. And as I've recently learned, actions speak louder than words. I need to apply these things as much as anybody else.  It's hard, and I think it will take practice- like exercising a muscle, but it will be worth the effort."

Brothers and Sisters, the Gospel is more than the happiest way to live a life, it's the only hope for our eternal lives. It is urgent that we share what we know. Do we understand that this is a completely new era in church history?! NOW is the time to hasten the work of salvation. Nottomorrow, not next week or next year- now!  This work will go on with or without you. When all is said and done, will you have done your part in hastening the work, or will you leave it for someone else to do? Will your part be one of an observer or a doer? 

I love the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my brother, He is my friend, He is my Savior. Because of Him I can do all things. No task is too great, not mountain too tall. He will always lift me higher than I can ever lift myself. His Atonement gives my heart the capacity to love everyone around me. I miss Him. I can't wait to see my Heavenly Father and my Savior again. 

Search for unplanned opportunities to serve those around you. 

Love, 
Sister Kadee Elise Taylor 

No comments:

Post a Comment