(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, April 28, 2014

Stop the Maddess!

This week has been full of laughs, and for that I am grateful! 

Let me start by telling you about the time that the only button that was holding up my skirt came off...Yes, this would only happen to me. It was just before we were headed in for the night, and we stopped at our old apartment to check the mail. I got out of the car and by the time I had taken two steps and was halfway to the mailbox...my skirt was to my knees. Fret not, I had a slip on- and it saved the day. The miraculous part is that I caught the skirt before it hit the ground. 

Friday we went to Broomall, PA for Mission Leadership Council and it was amazing. Those are my absolute favorite meetings. They are so full of the spirit, and it's amazing how every single missionary learns from the spirit just what they need to.  But while talking about how to "prevent attraction" between Elders and Sisters, Sister Anderson (our Mission President's wife) said, "Don't get me wrong! I'd pair all of you up if I could! I've got good eyes!" I'm pretty sure we died laughing. So awkward, I love it. 

I must have really been "on one" this week because on Saturday we were putting together some goody bags to give out at church yesterday. There were some members there helping us and one started talking about Disney World...she proceeded to tell me that Snow White/the Seven Dwarfs are getting their own "land" in fantasy land. I literally started crying. I could not even help it. It was only slightly more embarrassing than the time my skirt fell down. 

On Monday, Sister Argueta tried to chase the garbage man down the street. 

The four of us Sisters in the Dover household have decided to work on our Spanish/Jersey accents. It's the  best combo by far. Be prepared for a glorious greeting when we next speak. 

Nothing much to report this week. All is going well. I'm working on my Spanish because all 6 of our investigators with baptismal dates speak Spanish. Please pray for the Perez family, the Simon family and Victoria. I've been reflecting on when I received my call to the PPM. It was amazing how much I already felt like this place was home. My spirit knew that I would be reunited with many people that I loved. It's such a joyful experience being here. A place that I know will be a part of me forever. I love everyone I serve and serve with. It's amazing how much I've learned. I don't think I'll ever leave.

 Make sure you re-read all of conference! There is so much we have to learn from the council of the Lord's Prophet and Apostles. We are beyond blessed to have them in our lives and to be able to have constant access to their counsel. 

I love you all and I will talk to you soon! 

Love, 
Sister Kadee Elise Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment