(Kadee will be speaking on November 23rd in the Washington Fields 10th Ward @ 11:00 a.m.)

Monday, June 2, 2014

tamales

Time flies when you're having fun. HOW IS IT JUNE?! I swear it was January yesterday... 

My new companion is Sister Howard from Gilbert, Arizona! She is the BEST, and we get along so well. I'm super grateful for her. 



This week Hermana Cruz made over 500 tamales! So, SO good! AND Hermana Reina taught me how to make beans! You know...the good kind you get at La Frontera?! I know how to make them. :D Bishop Harrison is amazing. Everyone on earth should have Bishop Harrison as their bishop. He lives, breathes and eats missionary work. We could not be more blessed! 



Our investigator Angeles (Angelis) who is 12 years old has a baptismal date for June 29th! PLEASE pray for her! She is so ready and willing to change! I've never worked with anyone who had such a desire to live up to their potential! I see so much goodness in her. She feels it will be hard to change, and it will. She has been raised in a single parent home in a very "rough" environment. I know prayer is a real power. Please keep her in your prayers. She's amazing. 

I love my mission. I can't imagine life without my mission. I'm learning so much about my Savior, my Father in Heaven and myself. I'm learning that the greatest joy in life really does come from serving others and turning outward. I can't believe that I get a lifetime to apply the things I'm leaning here! It sounds too good to be true. 

I'm so full of joy. Yes, I have ups and downs, but I'm learning how to be resilient, I want to give ALL of my will to Him, being able to put my trust in Him-nothing wavering. Learning to give 100%, 100% of the time! His work will never stop, which means I can't either.  I'm so grateful for His patience with me. I'm so grateful for His love for me. An awesome missionary taught me that I need to live my mission in a way that when it's time to go home, I'll be ready. I don't want to ever feel like my work isn't done, or that I need more time. I want Him and I to be satisfied with my work, and then I want to go out and serve the world around me!  

The Church is true. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He was called to restore the Gospel and the Priesthood to the earth. We are so blessed because of his great and lasting sacrifice. I know He saw God and Jesus Christ, the Spirit has  born witness of this to me- and for that I am eternally grateful. No one can take my testimony from me. I increase in conversion daily. God is our Father. He is infinitely aware of us. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He is the greatest friend you could ever have. Rely on Him. If you think you can't make it on your own, you're right. You weren't meant to. If you can't learn to rely on Him, "you face a lot of long nights and empty nets". I testify that Jesus is the Christ, and the living Son of the living God.

All my love, 
Sister Kadee Elise Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment